Upon graduation, Burton Technology Academy students will be:
Critical Thinkers who…
- Find, analyze, and interpret a variety of resources across subject areas.
- Develop an informed opinion that they can express and protect effectively.
- Connect similar ideas across disciplines and apply ideas from academics to real life.
- Have a positive impact on their community and environment.
- Appreciate diversity and interact respectfully with others.
- Show responsibility and accountability for their actions and towards one another.
- Exhibit personal integrity.
- Make healthy life choices.
- Can think, read, write, speak, or communicate via technological tools clearly.
- Know when to listen.
- Use courtesy, diplomacy, self-advocacy, appropriate language, and assertiveness when communicating.
- Can create long- and short-term goals that are ambitious, yet feasible.
- Create measurable, relevant, and articulate goals that relate not only to themselves, but apply to the community as well.
- Strive to achieve set goals.
- Are open-minded, flexible, reflective, and inquisitive.
- Ensure that their learning benefits the self and the community.
- Pursue opportunities for learning and utilize tools for learning.
- Value knowledge and the learning process.