AB 104 Notice

AB 104 was signed into law by Governor Gavin Newsom on July 1, 2021. Part of AB 104 authorizes parents of scholars (or the scholar if age 18 or older) to request to have a letter grade changed to a “Pass” or “No Pass” grade for any course taken during the 2020-2021 school year. Grade changes under AB 104 cannot negatively affect a scholar’s GPA.

We strongly encourage you to schedule an appointment with an administrator or counselor if you are unsure if you should request any grade changes. While we will honor all grade change requests and not allow for it to negatively affect a scholar’s high school GPA, we cannot control how colleges/universities will calculate GPAs for eligibility, which may affect admissibility to the college or university.

All California State Universities (CSU) and the University of California (UC) have confirmed that they will accept “Pass” grades for admission purposes. This list includes all California colleges and universities who will also accept Pass grades. The UC strongly encourages potential applicants to take, whenever possible, A-G courses for letter grades, especially those in English and mathematics, as well as those in prospective major fields.

Please Note: Some colleges or universities (including those in other states) may not accept a Pass or No Pass grade instead of a letter grade for admission purposes. Here is a list of colleges/universities that have stated they will accept pass or No Pass grades on transcripts considered for admission. 

If you would like to request a letter grade earned in 2020-2021 to be changed to a “Pass” or “No Pass” grade, please complete the AB 104 Grade Change Request Form and submit it to your school office no later than August 15, 2021. Applications will not be accepted after this date.

Thank you and have a great day!